InterAid Uganda is a national humanitarian NGO engaging in humanitarian and development work in both the urban and rural communities in Uganda. InterAid Uganda is recruiting qualifEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- INTERAID UGANDA
InterAid Uganda Limited (IAU), is a non-governmental humanitarian national organization established in 1988, and duly registered with the NGO Board and NGO Forum. IAU has been and still involved in projects geared towards the improvement of livelihoods of the disadvantaged persons both in rural and urban areas. InterAid is inviting potential and interested candidates to fill the positions of Administrative Assistant/Store Keeper.
Job Summary: Administrative Assistant/Store Keeper will be in charge of Coordinating the storage and stock control functions and ensure adherence to the stock management system with a view of increasing efficiency and minimizing costs.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Store Keeper.
No of Posts: One (1)
Duty Station: Kampala.
Reports to: The Accountant.
Key position duties and responsibilities
1. Manage/ oversee the receipt, storage, requisition of supplies and materials.
2. Ensure that office premises and other rented premises including medical hostel and Community Centre are clean and well maintained.
3. Ensure that stores are properly arranged for proper storage, maintenance and inspection.
4. Perform stock counts as and when required.
5. Maintain the stores in a clean and orderly condition.
6. Ensure that the stores are correctly locked.
7. Carry out the periodic reconciliations i.e. monthly, quarterly, semi – annual and annual in all stores.
8. Request for new stock to the stores whenever the store stock levels for store items so require.
9. Compile periodic reports and ensure timely submission to the Supervisors.
10. Ensure the proper records management of all office equipment in all of the 3 premises.
11. Ensure that goods in stores are recorded properly and issued against authorized stores note.
12. Ensure that proper records are maintained in all stores.
13. Manage and supervise all office, stores, main store, health Unit drug store, medical Hostel food and materials store and Community Centre Store.
14. Provide supportive supervision to the office attendants, cleaners, guards and drivers.
15. Control access to the store and ensure safe custody of all IAU stocks as per the set standards.
16. Ensure proper stock identification especially the hazardous materials.
17. Ensure proper lighting in the store is maintained.
Three years’ experience in a similar role in a busy work environment.
Bachelor of Procurement and supplies management Degree or its equivalent.
How to apply:
Interested and suitable candidates meeting the requirements above are encouraged to send their cover letter and CVs including three professional referees by E-mail to
or hand deliver to our address below not later than 16TH September 2015 at 2:00pm.
Plot 1102 Block 8,
Kabaka Anjagala Road
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.