InterAid Uganda, Old Kampala P/S, 25th October 2012
Towards the end of every year; UNHCR, Office of the Prime Minister(OPM), together with InterAid Uganda, the Urban Refuge Programme implementing partner conduct a verification exercise in one agreed central place accessible to all refugees. The importance of this exercise is to cross check and validate the information on all refugees’ and asylum seekers’ files. This year 2012, the verification exercise started on the Thursday October 25th and will proceed until December 03, at Old Kampala Secondary School play ground. It is important for all refugees and asylum seekers to note that this exercise is a MUST to everyone as information given will be a bench mark for service provision.
All refugees and asylum seekers are advised to be verified in person once in one location. Honesty is crucial in this exercise for information given will impact directly on refugee service delivery and assistance. On verification, every refugee will receive a refugee attestation and refugees above 16 years of age will get an Identity Card. Refugees and Asylum seekers should remember that;
The exercise will be conducted according to nationality days and all refugees and asylum seekers are requested to abide with the following nationality schedules;
- Everyone in his/her family should come in person will the relevant legal documents for verification
- If anyone is unable to come due to exceptional circumstances such as hospitalization, school exams or imprisonment, close or responsible persons/ relatives should carry all the relevant documents for this person to the verification centre.
- Relevant / official documents refugees and asylum seekers should carry to the verification centers include births, deaths, marriage, divorce and education certificates, affidavits, passports and or any other legal identification document/ certificate or card.
View some of the pictures for this verification exercise
- October 25th – 26th: Burundians, Bangladesh, Canadians, Central African Republic(CAR) Chadians, Cameroonians, Congo Brazzaville, Greece, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Iraqis, Kenyans, Kuwaitis, Libyans, Pakistanis, Sierra Leone, Tanzanians, Comoros, Egyptians, Tunisians, French and Syrians.
- October 31st – 01st : Sudanese and Ethiopians
- November 06th – 07th: Rwandese
- November 09th – 12th: Eritreans
- November 15th – 16th& 19th: Somalis
- November 28th – 30th & 03rd December 2012: Congolese All refugees are called upon to respond and attend in person to this exercise in their respective nationality days.